Sunday Saves - London bound
Updated: Sep 10, 2019
Week of September 1, 2019
We are introducing a new lifestyle series to the blog, Sunday Saves. Every Sunday we will be talking about a mix of things + moments that saved us this week, whether it's a real time memory, inspiration on Pinterest, or from a sweet deal we came across.
This week was a crazy mix of all of the above getting caught up on work post-Labor Day vacation and planning for the weeks ahead. For Labor Day we had a staycation in Minneapolis, finding time here and there to wind down before work ramps up again in the next few weeks.
1. School has started, the kids are getting settled into their routines and fall sports are underway. Running is a big part of our lives and on Thursday night we watched our oldest, Sienna, run in her first JV cross country meet of the season. What activities are your kids involved in this fall?
2. Jesse and I went to California a few weeks ago to see our friends at Jeffery Court and help them prepare for an exciting new line they are releasing soon. We wanted to say thank you in a special way. Instead of sending the usual flower bouquet and thank you card, we thought we would send something sweet! Linda Bakes helped us pull this one off. Check out the crazy talented Linda Bakes if your located in MN for your next thank you or special event. Seriously, her Instagram feed is insane.
3. This past weekend was the opening of the Parade of Homes Fall Tour in the twin cities. Hello inspiration! There are 67 homes on the tour and it goes Thursday through Sunday noon-6pm every weekend in September. Don't know where to start? Guide books are available at every Holiday gas station. The first three weekends are new construction builds and the last weekend is the remodelers showcase. Did I mention this tour is free? It's a great start when you are in the beginning stages and building your inspiration/style for your next build or remodel.
4. We have been talking what feels like nonstop about the 13 radiator covers Jesse made for our Goodrich project. Well I know we could never find the time to put together a DIY guide to these based off Jesse's notes, our friend Erin over on francois et moi did a killer guide on how to paint one this week (with a building guide to come!) Check out her guide here. We love when our projects align with what our peers our up to!
5. London on my mind! Jesse and I are headed there later this month. I have been looking forward to this for months ever since we bought our tickets. I am pulling together all the spots we need to see when were there. How cute is this little book store I came across on The Lit Edit blog?
This is exactly what I imagine London streets and store fronts to look like and I can't wait to explore more of the city.
6. I may or may not have already written down all the outfits I am packing... however, there have been a few purchases from all the labor day sales. Take a peak at what I am packing below.
1. Madewell wide sleeve pullover | $69.50
2. Madewell jeans | $135
3. Allbirds tennis shoes | $95
4. Jcrew wool skirt | $128
5. Madewell oversized sweater | $69.50
6. Anthropologie graphic T | $78
7. Madewell paperbag waist pants | $85
8. Linea Paolo sandals | on sale for $53!
Stay tuned to see how I style my outfits when we go exploring the city.