Sunday Saves: Fall in Minneapolis
Updated: Oct 1, 2019
Week of September 23, 2019
Hello from London! Jesse and I have been in London this past week and are coming home today. I have always wanted to go to London and it was such a treat to finally explore this dream of a city. Check out our favorite little breakfast spot from the trip at the bottom of this post. There will be a full blogpost dedicated to our trip coming soon!
Back to all things Jkath this week, we have project updates and projects reveals to share with you.
1. Before we headed out of town we were able to check in on all the job sites one last time. We have had so much exciting progress at our Drew Avenue project and we are so close to finalizing all the interior design selections.
Take a look at the powder bath; dreamed up and designed by Katie Miller (@katiedeanmiller). More mood boards and style inspiration to come!
2. As many of you saw, I had the opportunity to take over the MN State Fair Instagram's account for the day back in August. You were able to come along with us and see all the things we do + eat at the fair. It was such a fun day to share with you all. What you didn't see was Jesse talking me into getting a sauna for our house. Yes, I didn't need much convincing and yes, we bought a sauna at the State Fair.
When they installed it in our basement they got a picture of Jesse and posted on their Instagram! We have already used it more than we would like to admit and it's a great way to relax after a long day.
3. We completed a kitchen remodel back in July, but didn't have the opportunity to shoot it until earlier this month. This past week we finally got the pictures back and we are putting together a full blogpost recap of the project that will go live next week! One sneak peek from the project (outside the kitchen) is this fireplace update!
The homeowner wanted to elevate the space without doing anything dramatic (removing / adding walls). So we went with a fireplace refresh to bring the whole room up to date. The original space had a lot of light colors that blended in with one another, so we thought we would bring the room up a notch by adding contrast to the focal point of this living room.
Styling a space is a way for us to reflect on the beautiful spaces we have created and enhance specific elements. Our client already has amazing taste, so we didn't have to touch the space much to get this killer shot.
Stay tuned for the full blogpost of this client's kitchen remodel! You won't believe the before and after pictures.
4. On Friday we decided to go all in and check out this cute spot for breakfast, 26 Grains. It's choose your own porridge.
The rest of the day it was cloudy with light rain here and there. We walked around and jumped in and out of local pubs. It was a great way to see the city.
5. When I started packing for London last month, we put together a post for you guys about what I would be wearing. Allbirds made the list and were my go-to shoes for this trip... until I got here and everyone is wearing Veja! Are you familiar with the brand? Everyone looks so stylish yet comfortable here.
Here is my updated London Look:
I love longer rain jackets, and it was perfect for walking around on Friday. A simple long sleeve to stay warm and these cropped pants to be walking around! Belt bags are so popular right now and I never travel with a bag that doesn't have a zipper. It's a must! I am still deciding on the Vejas... Do you guys have them?
That's all for now. Check back later this week for our Westbrook Road Kitchen Reveal and more Drew Avenue design inspiration!
-Katie & Jkath Team