Sunday Saves: Did someone say Sample Sale?
Week of September 8, 2019
This felt like a busy week compared to the slow start of September. The rain hit us hard in Minneapolis this week. A mid-week happy hour with a discovery of a new go-to food spot also picked me up! I got a lot of energy from speaking on a panel this past Thursday and left feeling inspired by other panelists and hearing about their day to day operations. September is packed with fun things for Jkath so let's dig deeper into what saved me this week and what I'm looking forward to in the week to come.
1. Carmichael Lynch Panel + MSP Home and Design Mag Fall launch party.
This was a busy week full of networking. I was asked to speak on a panel at Carmichael Lynch and the topic was Value vs. Cost of Influencers. I was along side Emily Richter of Fit Foodie Finds, Sarah Edwards of IAMSarahEdwards and Doug Marshall of The World of Doug. It was fun for me to hear how other influencers from different industries manage their brand and sponsored content. I rushed over to the launch of the MSP Home and Design Mag Fall launch party after the panel where it's always fun to catch up with friends and brands in the industry.
2. Nourish Move Love Spinach Banana Pancakes
We live off these in the fall. You can meal prep for the entire week. We make them and freeze for the days ahead. I pulled this image from her site, because let's face it: Pinterest always does it better.
3. Looking forward to our team lunch meeting at Centro!
This week we had a fun mid week happy hour with two friends of ours at Centro in NE Minneapolis. We loved it so much, that we decided were having a team lunch meeting there next week. It's such a cute space, with lots of fun colors. If you are in the Minneapolis area, you have to try it!
4. Hennepin Made Warehouse Sale: September 21 @ 12pm
Looking ahead to NEXT weekend, we are going to the Hennepin Made Sample Sale. For all those local to Minneapolis you need to come check this out. Doors open at 12pm and there will be items up to 70%. Mercury Mosaics will also be there with their hand made + painted tile.
We love the Hennepin Made chandelier we sourced for our goodrich project:
5. Favorite IG feed right now, @clumsy.words for her real and honest book recommendations and reviews.
I just finished Shoedog: A memoir by the creator of Nike by Phil Knight. I haven't always been a true Nike girl, but I seriously couldn't put this book down the entire time I was reading it. What are you reading currently?
6. #ArdenAvenue, 1 year ago today we got the call, and we started a few short weeks later. This week we are reflecting on this dream home + clients.
7. Arden Avenue pantry goals. With a kitchen refresh, we updated what used to be a closet and transformed it into a functional kitchen pantry with this Anthropologie wall paper that everyone loves.
8. The Jkath Team's weekend uniform has always been athleisure. Check out a few of our staples below.
We ordered these Carhartt hoodies for our team and had our Jkath Logo embroidered on it and they are one of the most comfortable sweatshirts I own. I wouldn't say I hit the city in it, but I love cozying up in this sweatshirt on the couch.
I hope you enjoyed your weekend!